$416 U.S./month gives a child the opportunity of attending a boarding school in Windhoek, Namibia in order to complete his/her high school education.
Your generosity in providing high school scholarships provides children with the opportunity to receive:
- Tuition fees (paid)
- Student visa
You have an important role in ensuring these children have a bright future!!
The children who are cared for at the Orphanage/Boarding School in Mupa have a bleak future beyond Grade 9. It’s impossible for them to receive a high school education. And without support, many are forced by lack of opportunity to live on the streets once they complete their elementary education.
- There are only elementary schools (up to Grade 9) in Mupa and the surrounding areas. There are no high schools in that region of Angola at all.
- Hope and Angels Foundation currently provides elementary education to 67 children living in the Orphanage/Boarding School in Mupa.
- Once these children graduate from Grade 9, the Foundation gives them (ages 15-19) the opportunity of continuing to live at Missao de Mupa. These older children spend their days helping with the vast number of daily tasks that must be accomplished in caring for 67 children.
- Even though these older children have a place to live, there is no opportunity for them to continue their education. That means there’s no chance for them to fulfill their dreams of accomplishing so much more in their lives (i.e. doctor, nurse, teacher)
- Sadly, once they turn 19, they must leave the Orphanage/Boarding School. To where?? To what?? After being protected, nurtured and educated at the Missao de Mupa, most have no alternative but to live on the streets.
- Hope and Angels has established an agreement with a boarding school in Windhoek, Namibia. The administration of the boarding school is willing to open its doors to these beautiful children from Mupa. But scholarship money is needed in order for the children to live and study at this school.